Saturday, November 7, 2015

Sunflower Floral Head Crown

We've all seen those really cool floral crowns. I always look at those sunflower crowns and think I can do that. This year I went to Dia de los Muerto at the local art museum. You know that Mexican holiday that has face painting and lots of colors. Well there's more to it than that, but it's a lot of fun. I I decided that a sunflower head crown would be perfect for the occasion.  And I decided to show you some pictures of just how easy it was to put together.

 
It starts out super easy just start out with two simple braids on each side of your head.
 
 
Next take those braids and pin them on top of your head. Just like this. They need to be tight, but not perfect.
 
(Not the best picture of me ever is it?)
 
Lastly, you will need some silk sunflowers. And I added some smaller silk flowers to add to the crown just to add some other color.
 
This is actually the most difficult part of the whole project. You need to arrange the flowers in your hair. I suggest that you leave about an inch of the wire from the stem of the flower. That way you can bend the flowers. This will allow you to position so they face forward in your hair. You're also going to need bobby pins. Yep, you'll need loads of them. Pin those flowers in place and you are good to go.
 



 
 


2 comments: