Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Maybe The Journey Was The Treasure

Ever take a trip, and it isn't all that you anticipated it would be? Sometimes things just don't go the way we want them to. It doesn't matter how much we plan, or how prepared we believe we are. It just doesn't work out. Sometimes just maybe the journey was the treasure.

At this point in life most of us know that there are many types of journeys in life. There are journeys we take by some sort of vehicle. There journeys we walk through. And then there are journeys that are life experiences.

I believe that once again one of those journeys has begun. You see there was a clerical error at work. That error occurred over a year ago. I pointed that error out to management and the union. But as is common in many workplaces. They gave me that look. You know that look, when you tell someone that the system they support has made an error. The look that says the system isn't wrong your stupid.

When this error was brought to light yesterday, the look on the faces that I pointed this out to flashed through my mind. I thought about how the situation that has presented itself just doesn't even need to be. I thought about the weird things that have happened over the course of the past year. This past year has truly been an odd journey.

This journey has shown me, that people don't become apathetic about things instantly. I've learned that most people often think they are right. Even though what they are telling you makes absolutely no sense. The journey has also shown me that people don't really seem to want things to run smoothly. They simply want something to complain about. These are a few of the negative things that it has shown me.

It has also shown me that there is always someone who steps forward and says this isn't right. There is also always someone who will do what they can to help you out. And it has shown me that I can only control certain things. And that I shouldn't worry about the things that are out of my control.

So maybe the new journey will be just as much of a treasure as the last one.


1 comment:

  1. The journey itself can teach us a lot of valuable lessons :)

    ReplyDelete