Thursday, December 10, 2015

Moments at the Grocery Store

Going to the grocery store is always kind of an adventure. You have a list of things that you want to find, but you may or may not be able to find them. And then there are the people you see. Here are a couple of the most recent moments I've had at the grocery store.

A little boy about four maybe five years old wanders up and says "She left me." Pretty soon his grandmother showed up, she told us that he does this all the time. He wanders off and tells people that they left him. She had a sense of humor about it, but I think that little boy has some abandonment issues.

Later that week I went to the store. It was raining out. You know those heavy fall downpours. I made it inside where it was dry. I felt good about myself. I went over to the produce aisle began to pick out my fresh spinach. And then the mister came on. The lady next to me looked at me and said it doesn't matter where we go we just can't get away from water pouring down on us.

And then today, I go to the grocery store. There is a row of shopping carts and one is in front. There is nobody in the area. As I'm walking away with the cart, some young man taps me on the shoulder. He tells me he set that cart aside to use while he ran out to his car. I just look at him and say okay. I give him the cart because someone that stupid just doesn't deserve a real response from me. Another man standing there just shook his head back and forth and said he wasted just as much energy walking over to tell you that as it took to get another cart. I told the man I know. It just wasn't worth the hassle of me telling him that. I think he was dropped on his head as a baby.

So you see it isn't just food we pick up at the grocery store. It's also life experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment