Monday, December 7, 2015

Moose Cookies and More

Ever have things that just catch your attention when you read through things on the internet? Some pages you just glance at, and then there are those pages that you come back to again and again. Here are a few of the reads that have caught my attention recently.

It's the season of parties, carry-ins and those little gifts. And I was looking for a great cookie recipe that isn't like the ones that everyone else brings to the office party. I found it with these moose cookies. They are adorable! And they are made from nutter butters. But don't just take my word for it, you can get the recipe for them at the link below.




I've always enjoyed learning about all the different things that people celebrate in life. I've never known anyone who celebrated St. Nicholas Day, but it sounds like a great tradition for families. We all get so wrapped up in finding the perfect gifts for Christmas. I like that this family uses this day to give each other simple gifts to teach about giving. 
St. Nicholas Day Traditions

I actually stumbled across this one. It's a picture of a couple that recreated their wedding day photo 70 years later. Not only is it great that they have been married that long. It's just really cool to see them in pictures to show that even though many things in life have changed. Their marriage has stuck it out! It's unusual in this day and age for people to stay married that long. And the other photos on the page are just as sweet. 


My friend Gloria over at Edge of Gloria recently had the opportunity to take a trip to San Francisco for a conference. She struggled with the decision about going. And I'm really glad it was a productive trip for her. She's had a rough couple of years and she really deserved a few days to relax. I always feel good when I see someone get something they really deserve in life. I just get happy for them. Anyway, you can view part of her adventures in the video she made.






So what new and fun things have you read while you've been cruising through all of the blogs you visit. I'd love to have recommendations.




No comments:

Post a Comment