Sunday, December 13, 2015

Roasted Carrot and Golden Beet Soup

Winter is soup season. There is no debating that. And with the new year coming many individuals will be looking for a way to develop a more healthy diet. So here's a soup that has a rich taste, and it is packed full of super foods.
Roasted Carrot and Golden Beet Soup

Here's What You Need

1 1/2 pounds peeled and cut carrots
1 1/2 pounds peeled and cubed golden beets
4 Tablepoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 large leek, white part only, halved and sliced
2 teaspoons minced ginger
4 cups chicken broth
1 can coconut milk

Here's What You Do

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Toss your carrots and beats with Tablespoons olive oil and the cumin. Spread out on a baking sheet. and roast for about 45 minutes.

In a  large saucepan combine the remaining oil, leeks, and ginger over medium heat and cook until softened. Add the broth, carrots and beets and bring to a boil. Then simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.

Puree the mixture in a blender. Then return it to the pot and stir in the coconut milk.

Then you can serve the soup.

Side Notes

When I initially decided to put together this soup, I was unsure. I knew that beets are really healthy, but my main exposure to beets was pickled beets. And I don't like them. But if you want to eat healthy you have to try new things. So I decided to try this soup out. It tasted nothing like the pickled beets I have eaten before. And I felt good that I was eating a rich and tasty soup that is loaded with Vitamin A and fiber. So go on an adventure and try the soup.

I'd Like to Have More Soup Please (Try These Soup Recipes)






4 comments:

  1. hi, thanks for sharing this recipe!
    it seems pretty easy! and i wish i could create something this yummy! :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love golden beets. This sounds yummy. Thanks for linking up to Let's Get Real Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, and I'm guessing it is delicious. Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I was pregnant with the twins allllll I wanted was carrot soup. All day...every day. Love this!

    ReplyDelete