Sunday, December 6, 2015

Squash Stuffed Chicken Recipe

I like to cook meals that will last for more than just one sitting. And well I was challenged to make sure that I was eating a little more healthy when I read Ditching the Drive Thru. (You can read the review and let me know if it's a book you want to read) So I went to the grocery store with a list. And I bought a chicken to bake. And I was lucky enough to find squash on sale. I mean the kind that is already cut up. That was a bonus!

But how do I prepare all of this the super easy way? I decided that I would use the squash as the stuffing for my baked chicken. I thought about what else I had in the cupboards that I could use. And this is what I came up with.



Here's What You Need

1 Chicken
2 cups cubed squash
2 oranges cut into pieces
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon of cloves

Here's What You Do

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Next mix your all of your items minus the chicken together in a bowl. Once the items are mixed stuff your bird. Set aside the remainder of the squash stuffing. Now bake your stuffed bird for half an hour. Then pull your bird out and check it. Add the remaining squash with the bird and continue baking until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 at least.

Squash Info

Squash is a carbohydrate. Yes, we do need some carbs in our lives. It's a great source of fiber. It contains around 9% of what we need daily. And it is extremely high in vitamin A. 

So try the recipe and let me know what you think of it.


Another Healthy Recipe





2 comments:

  1. That chicken looks delicious! I always love cooking a whole bird. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love squash and have been making lots of squash soups but had never thought of using it as chicken stuffing. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete