Wednesday, December 30, 2015

There's No In Between

I once had a friend who told me there's no in between with you. You either have the world's greatest luck or the world's worst luck. There is just no middle ground. Now his statement is a bit exaggerated, but there is a little bit of truth in it. Anybody who knows me knows weird things do happen to me. 

I mean how many people do you know who have gone to the public library. Set their coat on a chair, and well when I turn around there is no coat. And then when I go to get in the car there is no car because the car keys were in the coat pocket. Yep, it happened to me. 

Or how many people know someone who goes into an arcade with machines that give out tokens. They stand next to a machine that you can win tokens in. The person doesn't even put anything in the machine to win. And then all of the sudden the machine starts shooting out tokens. Yep, it happened to me. 

Well, today was one of those days when the bad things happened. I received a phone call from my mother stating that my cousin died. Thankfully, I asked for an extra day off this week so I might be able to go to the funeral. I am feeling sad, and well a little less than motivated. But I convince myself that I did need to get a few things completed today. I don't have time to just sit around feeling sorry for myself. So I get myself dressed, and I go out to my car. And this is what I see.




Yes, someone broke the window on my car. And those Doc Martens I got such a great deal on are gone. 

So today has been when of those down days for me, but tomorrow is a new day. And I'm sure it will bring new bright and new opportunities.





3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Those are exactly the kind of things that happen to me so I can totally relate. Thank the Lord for new days...hope all your tomorrows are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fortunate the insurance company did take care of most of the expense. But the boots are lost forever.

      Delete
  2. Well that sucks a lot, both the death of a family member and your car being broken into and the loss of your Doc Martens. Many years ago Kathy walked out to get into her car it was parked outside her at the time boyfriends house and the drivers windows shattered, however, because of her tinted windows the tint held it pretty much together and nothing was taken

    ReplyDelete