Friday, January 8, 2016

Ginger Tumeric Chai Tea

It's winter, and we all want something hot and tasty to warm us up on those cold winter days. I am a fan of chai, but I never made it before I made this batch. I was surprised how easy it was to make, and how many of the ingredients I included were really good for me.


Here's What You Need

1 can of coconut water
1 can of coconut milk
8 slices of ginger root
2 cinnamon sticks
4 Tablespoon tumeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup honey
4 teabags

Here's What You Do

In a pot combine the water, milk, ginger, cinnamon, tumeric and cumin. Bring this mixture to a boil. Next reduce the heat and simmer for about ten minutes. Then remove it from the heat stir in the honey and add the tea bags. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes. Then enjoy your drink.

Did You Know

Did you know that ginger has been used to treat flu symptoms for ages. If you've ever had an upset stomach and taken ginger. You already know that it can settle that queasy feeling. And scientific studies have shown that it is effective in easing the nausea of sea sickness. Is it a cure? Probably not, but relief of those nasty symptoms that go along with the cold flu and always appreciated at my house.

Need another warm drink for the winter?


5 comments:

  1. I adore chai tea but I've never thought to make my own! I love using ginger to sooth an upset tummy so this would be so great when you're feeling a little yucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually pretty simple to make, and it tastes really good.

      Delete
  2. I personally can't stand the taste of ginger but I've heard how good it is for you, as is turmeric. How strong does this tea taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually fairly sweet tasting due to all of the honey. But the ginger is there. It tastes really good.

      Delete
  3. Ginger turmeric tea looks delicious, I love to try it, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning an tweeting.

    ReplyDelete