Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year New Word

It's a new year and time to set new goals. Last year I started the year out with a Word of the Year. The word last year was complete. I worked very hard at completing projects. And I met with some successes and some failures. And some projects that took me longer to complete than others. But overall, I do feel like I did do some thing that helped me not just start projects, but to complete them. The challenge is can I continue doing this if it is not a goal. We'll see how the year unfolds.

So I need to choose a new word for this year. I put a little thought into it. And I've decided that my word for the year is details.

You see I do many things well, but there are times when I don't pay attention to details. You know when you think maybe I should fix this when it's a little problem. But you put it off, and well you have a larger problem.

In essence there are times when I am a little bit careless. Most of the time it doesn't seem to be much of a problem. But there are time when it is a problem. Last week when my car was broken into is one of those incidents. I didn't take the boots into my house immediately, and this is what happened.

I thought to myself this week perhaps I can reduce those There's No In Between incidents. You know maybe I can reduce the extremes of those bad luck incidents if I just paid more attention to what I was doing. Maybe I could avoid things like from happening.

I'm not sure how I'll go about paying more attention to the details in life yet, but I know I probably should give it a shot. So if any of you have any suggestions on how to deal with this, please please give me some suggestions on where to start.






1 comment:

  1. Best of luck on your goals and resolutions.

    ReplyDelete