Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Atom Age Band Review

The Atom Age is a punk band that has been around for a few years now. They have released four cds and all of them are great. They focus in on a little different sound than a lot of punk bands. Yes, there are the guitars, and the heavy beat. But a lot of their music has a heavy 60's psychedelic influence. That means you can actually hear that organ playing in the music.


Their music also has a little bit of that 60's surf sound to it. It's just a little faster. It's kind of like Jan and Dean on speed. And then you add in The Sex Pistols backing them up. That's kind of what it's like. 

Their newest cd Hot Shame was put out by Asian Man Records. (I have long been a fan of a lot of music put out by Asian Man.) But anyway, I can't decide which song on this release is my favorite. It changes each time I listen to the cd. But today, my favorite is Wasteoid. I like the sax in the song, and well I'm pretty sure the video added to pushing it over into favorite of the day. I mean it does star an Elvis impersonator dancing in the streets. Watch it and see what you think. 




This band probably isn't for everyone, but I like it. And maybe it's time for people to broaden their horizons a little.

Looking for another great punk band to listen to?
The Dollyrots


No comments:

Post a Comment