Sunday, January 17, 2016

Wasabi Broccoli Bacon Slaw

The other day I needed a side dish. I wanted something a little different than I usually eat, but I didn't want to go to the grocery store. And quite honestly, I needed to use up some of what I had around the house. I am trying to not waste as much food as I have at times. And I recently read a post called Winging It by Donna over at Tomatoes and Tangles. It reminded I can forage through the fridge and put together a meal more often than I think. So here is what I came up with Wasabi Broccoli Bacon Slaw.

Here's What You Need

1 package broccoli slaw 
1/2 cup almonds preferably wasabi almonds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup bacon bits
1 cup of  slaw dressing
1/4 cup of wasabi sauce

Here's What You Do

Put all those ingredients in a bowl and mix them up. It's easy!

The wasabi sauce will give the slaw a little kick, so if you don't like a lot of heat in your food. Use the amount that suits your tastes.

Did You Know?

Did you know that the wasabi plant grows along water beds originally in Japan. And it is difficult to recreate the ideal growing environment. At this point North Carolina and British Columbia are the only two areas in North America that have been to successfully recreate the environment.



1 comment:

  1. I'd never thought of putting wasabi in my 'slaw - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete