Thursday, January 21, 2016

What Was That Detail?

I often find that I don't always take care of those little details that can wind up causing a lot of trouble in the end. So my faithful followers may remember from my post New Year New Word that my word for the year is details.

But my problem is how do I focus in on some of those details. I mean there are days when I think to myself in the morning, I need to do this today. And then the day just gets away from me. Or I just forget.

So, I thought to myself I need a new approach. I need to put something where I will see it several times throughout the day. That way I wouldn't be able to say that I forgot. I thought about the refrigerator that's where everyone puts stuff like that. But I decided that was quite frequent enough.

And then it hit me. The bathroom is one place I go to several times a day. And I always end up looking in the mirror. That's where I needed to put the reminder. But how to do it? A post it note? That's too easy to ignore. So this is what I came up with.


The picture isn't that great, but I decided that I would use erasable markers to draw out what I needed to do. It has given me the chance to be a little creative with my reminder. I've tried to use pictures to remind me of the detail I needed to accomplish. I think this is an additional prompt. And I think that it has encouraged me to complete some of the tasks. 

So I guess sometimes in order to remind myself to complete tasks, I just have to be a little more creative.

How do you get yourself to complete those little details in life?


No comments:

Post a Comment