Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Cancelled Vows

Imagine going to apply for your marriage license and you find out that you're already married. You find out that you did a little more than gamble during the weekend in Vegas. What now is the question.  That's exactly how the book Cancelled Vows begins.

The Story

I mentioned in the intro how the story begins. David is the main character and he decides that he must go find his wife and get a divorce ASAP. But when David and his best man Mac Faraday arrive in New York, they find that it isn't quite as easy as it seems to get the divorce papers signed. And it might get a little more complicated when a murder occurs.

What I Liked About This Book

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was fun and easy to read. It has that great story combination mystery and romance. It wasn't overly complicated. And it was nice to just read a story that was meant to entertain me. The characters are colorful. I really liked that David had a weekend that he totally forgot about. I can so imagine that happening. The author has taken a situation that we all believe can NEVER happen to us, and shown just how it could happen. And even though I try to stay away from books that are part of a series, this one doesn't require you to read the ones before or after. The story stands on its own. It may help to have read other books in the series so you know the characters a little better, but I didn't feel like I had to read the other books in order to know what was really going on in this story.

Who Should Read This Book

Fans of entertaining murder mysteries will enjoy this book. The author uses a lost weekend to create a mystery. If you want a book that is written simply to entertain you this book is for you. And of course fans of romance will also enjoy this book. I recommend this book to individuals who want a light story to read. 

Bonus Time

You can enter to win a copy of Cancelled Vows and a Amazon Gift Card. Yep, there will be winners involved in this post. All you have to do is enter.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, but hey you know I would tell you if I didn't like the book.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the great review of CANCELLED VOWS. So glad you enjoyed this light fun read! I'm sure your followers will enjoy the Mac Faraday mysteries as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to win this giveaway because I'm such a fan of Lauren Carr. I've read all the Mac Farraday books as well as the Josh and Cameron books and the new series A Thorny Rose. Lauren truly knows what makes a great mystery book with interesting and likeable characters. Keep those books coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read! Thanks for the review! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete