Sunday, February 7, 2016

Cream of Broccoli Soup

I've said it before, and I'm saying it again. Winter is the perfect season for soups. They warm us up and they are often full of those extra vitamins that we all need in our lives. So I had some extra broccoli on hand this week and this is the recipe I came up with. It's pretty easy, and it tastes great!

Here's What You Need

1 lb chopped broccoli
1 quart chicken broth
1/2 lb fresh spinach leaves
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1 Tablespoon sea salt
Sprouts for a garnish

Here's What You Do

Bring your broth to a boil. Add your broccoli and boil for 10 minutes. Then add your peanut butter, spinach and salt. Cook long enough to wilt your spinach. Now add this to a blender and blend until it's smooth. Put it in a bowl and toss on some sprouts. 

Need another great soup recipe for the winter?

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, and with the cheese and naan, that looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the extra dose of veggies you got in your soup by adding spinach. Never heard of adding peanut butter before, but sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soups and how wonderful to see the sprouts on top! I garden growing a variety of vegetables (including broccoli and spinach)and grow sprouts indoors most of the year 'round. I see a link to your carrot and beet soup and that sounds delish as well!

    ReplyDelete