Sunday, February 21, 2016

Easy Do It Yourself Sage Essential Oil

Have you ever gone to purchase essential oils? They can be a bit pricey. There has to be an cheaper and easier way to get those oils right? Well there is. You can make it yourself.


Here's What You Need

A Small Clean Jar
Fresh Sage
Grapeseed Oil

Here's What You Need

Take your sage and put it in a baggie. Roll a rolling pin over it a couple of times. You want to bruise it a little. Now pack your sage into the jar. Fill the jar as full as you can. And then cover it in oil. Put a lid on the jar and let it sit for a couple of weeks. It works better if you use a dark jar. (I didn't have a dark colored jar in the house when I made this.) Make sure that you shake the jar once a jar while the oil is infusing.

Did You Know?

Did you know that sage oil contains anti-fungal agents? It can help treat athlete's foot. Is it a cure. Maybe, I'm no scientist, but it could be a simple place to start if you have suffer from itchy feet.

Another Great DIY Project

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to do this. It's definitely a cheaper option. Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that this would help athlete's feet. Nice to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never thought to make my own essential oil. Thanks for posting at #CCBG link party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heidi! What a fabulous essential oil and I love the fact that you can make it yourself.

    I am so glad you shared this with Roses of Inspiration and I hope you're able to join the party again. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete