Friday, February 12, 2016

Tamarind Shrimp Wrap

Every once and a while you want something that tastes different than you normally eat. You want a different spice. You want a different combination. You want a culinary adventure. That's what I was thinking when I made the tamarind sauce. And then I decided that shrimp would taste terrific in the sauce.

Easy Health Shrimp Wrap

Here's What You Need

1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 green onion chopped
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 chopped Serrano peppers
1 Tablespoon Tamarind paste
2 Tablespoons honey
2 freshly squeezed limes
6 to 8 shrimp
1 wrap
kale
sprouts

Here's What You Do

Heat the oil in a skilled. Throw in the onion and garlic until they are tender. Then the fish sauce and the peppers. Next add the tamarind, honey and limes. Cook until you have a smooth sauce. Then add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is pinkish. Remove the shrimp from the heat. Now spread some kale leaves over half of your wrap. Next add the shrimp. And then top it off with the sprouts. The hardest part of the meal is finding the Tamarind paste. It isn't easy to do. I had to go to several different shops when I was looking for it.

Need another easy wrap to make try a

2 comments:

  1. This wrap looks delicious! I love shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting. I love to try new flavors and dishes.

    ReplyDelete