Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Discerning Eater

First of all, I want everyone to know that I am not a picky eater. I am a discerning eater. You see the trouble in the neighborhood all started with this.

The cat that lives inside the house is a little older than I am. He is quite friendly, and we greet each other through the screen door daily. The pet human decided to purchase him food that might be "good for him". Like most individuals he id not like that word senior on his bag of food. And like most good felines he wouldn't eat the stuff unless there was absolutely nothing else provided. And even then he had to be extremely hungry.

Then the human got an idea. Maybe I would like to try this food. I was appalled.  Anyone can tell by looking at me that I am not a senior citizen. I would not have this. I pranced around the food hoping initially that this was a simple mistake by the human, but oh no, she continued to put it out. How was I going to make this behavior stop?

It was simple I told the local possum family that there was some extra food available for a while. They assisted me with eating the food, and it was a sweet sight when I saw that human carry in a bag of the other food we used to eat. I guess we taught her a lesson.

But it is strange that she has begun calling me Mr. Picky Pants. Once again I'll say it I'm not picky, I'm discerning.


No comments:

Post a Comment