Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dear Blogging World

Dear Blogging World

I love each and every blog I visit. I love the diversity each and every blogger brings to the world. Each person has a unique story to tell, and it's great to be able to know what everyone thinks. Your stories entertain me. They encourage me to look at life just a little differently. And they remind me that there is a huge world out there that I need to explore.

Now, that I have told you many of the things that I really enjoy about the blogging world. There is something that drives me kind of crazy about some blogs.

It's those videos. And it's not just any videos. I love seeing the videos all of you produce. Those tutorials and reviews you all put out are fantastic. It's those videos on your pages that automatically begin to play as soon as the page loads. It's the advertisement videos.

You see these ads cause your page to load much slower. I want you to make money from your blog. I mean who wouldn't want to make a living from blogging? But I really want to read what you have written instead of waiting for an ad to load. Many times I just loose patience with the process and move on to another blog to read. I'm sure what you wrote was great, but just not worth the hassle.

So I hope I haven't offended anyone, but please for the sake of your readers cut the number of those videos that load automatically when we click on your links. I'm sure each of you wants us to actually read what you wrote.

Heidi



2 comments:

  1. Really good write up! This is so true though! The essence of blogging and writing is lost when there are too many ads and no focus on the actual write - up! This was well put1

    ReplyDelete