Friday, March 11, 2016

Pineapple Mango Jam

I have talked to so many people who are going to the tropics for their vacation in the past few weeks. It has made me want something a little taste of the tropics myself. And since I can't afford a vacation to the Caribbean, I decided to make some pineapple mango jam. It's super easy, and it will make you feel like you are sitting on the beach. Well that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get the drift.

Here's What You Need

1 fresh pineapple chopped
2 fresh mangoes chopped
1 Tablespoon minced ginger
1/2 cup of honey
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 lemon juiced

Here's What You Do

Throw you pineapple in a skillet. Cook it for 10 minutes or until the pineapple just starts to soften. Mash it up a little. Next throw in your mangoes. Cook it for another 10 minutes. Keep mashing it up as it is cooking. Add the ginger and the honey next. Keep mashing it up for about another 10 minutes. Then add your lemon juice and zest. Cook until all the pineapple is soft. You want it to be a little chunky.

Need Another Pineapple Recipe?


2 comments:

  1. I must admit that having a jam made up of pineapple and mango sounds a bit unusual but I will give it a try. I love trying new things. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Yummy!!! Going to try this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete