Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Rocket-Bye

Earlier this week I reviewed Can a Princess Be a Firefighter by Carole P. Roman. I also received the book Rocket-Bye to review with the princess book.


The Story

In this book the author takes children on a nighttime ride on a rocket through the galaxy. They go past the moon through all of the planets. And at the end they wind up in bed sleeping safely. 

What I Liked

I liked the book Can a Princess Be a Firefighter, but I absolutely loved this book. Rocket-Bye encourages children to dream big. It encourages them to not only see the world around them, but it also encourages them to see the entire universe. It might be because I really like science and space exploration, but the book successfully introduces young children to the galaxy. The illustrations in the book were perfect for the story. I loved the blues throughout the book. The balance between the words and pictures is wonderful.

Who Should Read This Book

This book is a perfect bed time story. It encourages children to see that there is more to the universe than what they see everyday. It tells them that they can go out and see everything and everyplace. It also shows that you can have fun learning and seeing the universe. The book is aimed at children between the ages of 2 to 8. And I think that it will help develop an interest in space exploration in children who read it. 

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This review is honest and the opinions are all mine.

Other books you might be interested in


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice story, my daughter Kathy loves to read to her girls

    ReplyDelete