Friday, April 22, 2016

Simple Pleasures

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live a simpler life? Many individuals are attracted to the lifestyle of the Amish. Their view that the simpler things in life make it richer. In the book Simple Pleasure by Marianne Jantzi, you hear the stories of the life of an Amish mother.

The Story

Like I stated earlier this is the story of an Amish mother. We see her life through her eyes. The book focuses on her observations of everyday life. Some of the situations are reflective. Like when she tells about how thankful she is for the health of her family. She realized that she was blessed while she was sitting in a church service. She simply looked around and noticed that there were others there who had family members that who suffered from illnesses. And there are humorous days when she tells about getting the chickens to feed. 

What I Liked About This Book

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was full of observations from everyday life. And the author reminded me that life is all about what is going on here and now. It's not about the hustle and bustle that so much of us go through. She reminded me that I should really take a look at what is going on in my life. I might be surprised at what I see. 

Who Should Read This Book

Individuals who are interested about learning more about everyday life in the Amish community will probably enjoy this book. It is written in the fashion of a journal so it is really easy to read. I think that mothers would also enjoy reading this book. It tells the story of a mother. The pleasures and the frustrations she experiences. (This might be a good Mother's Day Gift for mom's who like to read.) 

Disclosure

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, but the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment