Saturday, May 28, 2016

Phil Wickham Children of God Review

Phil Wickham has released his first CD in three years. The release is entitled Children of God. And I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of the CD to review for all of you.
I am not a huge fan of modern Christian music, but there are a lot of things about this CD that I like. The first thing I liked about this collection of songs is the first song. The first song is Doxology. I liked this song because it reminded me of my dad. This was a song that he really enjoyed singing. He would sing it early in the morning at the top of his lungs. Phil's version is a little different from dad's, but it does sound good.

I didn't know until I received the CD that Phil had gone through some troublesome times in the past year. He developed vocal polyps. And if you are a singer that is a real challenge. He is able to sing again, and one of the results of this challenging in his life is the song Your Love Awakens Me. He put down some lyrics that encourage an individual to make it through the struggles in their lives.





Fans of Christian music will certainly appreciate this CD. And Phil's fan are all glad to see that he is back singing.

Disclaimer: I did receive a free CD in exchange for an honest review, but the opinions are all mine.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't listened to this CD yet. I'll totally check it out! Thanks for sharing :)

    God bless,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete