Saturday, May 7, 2016

Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask

Valentia once again offered me the opportunity to review one of the products, and I jumped on the chance. This time they provided me with their new skin detoxifying clay mask.

The Product

This mask claims that the Kaolin clay will help pull dirt and oil to the surface of skin to provide an extra clean feel. It also contains hibiscus and cranberry plant fiber which add extra skin exfoliation. These ingredients can provide cleaner and smoother skin. And it claims to clear away skin damage to provide stronger and firmer skin. Is this true?

The Test            

The mask came in the familiar white container. The instructions were printed clearly on the side of the package. I opened the container and the mask was a whitish color. And it had a kind of berry scent. I also noticed that there were little dots in the whitish mask.

I followed the instructions and spread the mask on my face. They are clear to point out the mask should not be used around the eyes. I left the mask on for the fifteen minutes it suggested. I felt my skin become a little tighter as the mask dried. It felt like it was working.

Once the mask dried I once again followed the directions which state to use a warm cloth to wipe away the mask. It encourages you to use a circular motion when clearing off the mask. The mask came off easily. And the fibers in the mask really did do their job exfoliating my skin.

What I Liked and Disliked

I really liked this mask. The first thing I like is the scent. I think it’s the cranberries that add that berry scent. Next I like that it is light colored. I have used some masks in the past that are darker in color, that take a couple of washings to come out of the washcloth I used to wipe them off my skin. Not this mask, so there is an easy clean up. It also was easy to wipe off my skin. I have used masks in the past that take a little scrubbing to get off the skin. This one wiped off smooth and clean. And my skin had a cleaner feeling when I washed the mask off.

The one thing I didn’t like about this product is that it contains Polysorbate 20. There is a little debate about whether this can cause cancer. But from the research I’ve read the risk is pretty low. So this is a product I’d continue to use.

Check Them Out On



No comments:

Post a Comment