Friday, June 17, 2016

It's A Trap, No It's Training

Have you ever had times in your life when you have had difficulty doing something? You think to yourself I've been through this before and I don't want to do it again. You know that it's a good thing for you personally, but you just don't want to go through everything you have to in order to get to the goal. You think to yourself It's a trap. I can't possibly be in this situation again. But in all reality it's actually training for where you are going in life.

A couple of years ago, I had a job that really wasn't a good fit for me. There were several lessons that I needed to learn at that job. They all seemed like a trap when I was going through them. At that job I learned a lot about patience. I learned a lot about forgiveness. I thought that I had moved on to better times.

And I did for a couple of years. I was in a couple of positions that I basically liked. I didn't always like the work schedule. And there were normal complaints about co-workers. But basically, I liked what I did. And then that great bomb that employers love to lay on their employees came. Yes, the position I was happy in was being eliminated. I had to apply for other positions within the company.

All of them were much less desirable than the job I had. Once again I have found myself in a job that I don't really enjoy at all. At first I thought to myself why is this happening? I feel like I am in a trap. But no this is really training.

I keep asking what lesson do I need to learn now. I haven't totally worked it out. One of them is how do you make yourself do a good job at something you don't enjoy. That is a struggle I am currently having. I am currently telling myself that there are things I could learn to like about this job. But the key is learn. They aren't coming naturally.

But I have decided I am thankful that I have a job. And it's up to me to find things that I like about that I enjoy about the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment