Sunday, June 12, 2016

My Father's House

Lily's life starts out wonderful. She is surrounded by her father's love and support. But then her life changes. Her father dies. And Lily has to find her own way in life.

Lily chooses the simple answer that so many women choose. She decides to marry. And she finds that she that she must make a decision about her life. She can stay with her husband who turns out to be less than she expected. Or she can muster up the strength to move on.

That's the story behind My Father's House by Rose Chandler Johnson

What I Think of The Book

This topic of this book isn't easy to read. Lily has to make a decision when she is faced with abuse. Like so many individuals this isn't an easy decision for her. And I like how the book points this out. I think the story points out just how many individuals get trapped in unhealthy relationships. They are longing for attention. And the person who gives them what they want isn't the person they thought they were.

This book is well written. And the story really flows. And I like that the story tackles a topic that is difficult for many individuals to discuss. I like that the author didn't make Lily into a woman who is perfect after her experiences. She still has room to grow. d

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment