Friday, June 10, 2016

My Mother's Quilts by Ramona Richards

My mom was a quilter. So when I had the opportunity to review the book My Mother's Quilts by Ramona Richards it caught my attention. And I decided to share with my faithful followers.

The Book

This is a devotional book based on the lessons learned from the quilters she has spent time with. And the works they have completed. Each story contains a verse from the Bible and a prayer starter. And it includes a picture of the beautiful creations the quilters made.

What I Liked

Like I said my mom was a quilter. She is no longer able to quilt due to loosing some of the feeling in her fingers. But quilts have an attraction for me. I really enjoyed the pictures of all of the quilts in this book. But I also liked that the author shared a story about each quilt. Each quilt had a special meaning, and there really was a lesson that related to that quilt.

Each story showed the creativity and wisdom of the quilters. It also showed me that people remember the small things in life. Many of the conversations were small moments in life that the author remembered.

Who Should Read This Book

If you are a quilter or have a quilter in your life, you may enjoy this book. It will certainly remind you of the many positive moments individuals have spent quilting. This book is a devotional book so it is for those who have interests in devotionals.

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, but as always the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment