Friday, July 29, 2016

Sovereignty By Anjenique Hughes

I really love books that tell about how society may look in the future. So when I had the opportunity to review the book Sovereignty by Anjenique Hughes I jumped on the chance.

The Story

The 23rd century is different from the world we know today. There is a world government that controls individuals through a chip which is implanted in babies. Goro is the main character and he wants things to change. As he and his friends seek out a revolution they desire to find out who has real sovereignty.

What I Liked

I really enjoyed reading this book. The world that exists is a possibility. There are always questions about how technology could be used the wrong way. And good books fantasy or sci-fi books make us wonder what the future could be like. I like how the author brings up the question about what happens if chips are implanted into humans. There are individuals who are tinkering with identity chips that unlock doors and download information to their phones. So the premise of the book with each individual having a chip implanted after birth has a real science base. And I really like that.

I also liked that the book has action. There are twists and turns. And you never know exactly what to expect.

Who Should Read This Book

This book is aimed at young adults. But I think that individuals of all ages who enjoy books about what the future could look like would enjoy this book. But keep in mind that there is violence and the use of profanity in this book. If you are sensitive to this you are warned.

The Author

Sovereignty is the first book by author Anjenique Hughes. You can learn more about her by visiting her website and following her through social media.

Giveaway




a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, but I really did like the book.

1 comment: