Sunday, July 3, 2016

We Have To Move

I love summer time. It's warm. You can go outside without wearing six layers of clothing. You can see the flowers. The birds are singing. And there are festivals going on everywhere. It's a time of celebrations and relaxation. But as I was growing up each summer we waited to hear the words we have to move.

My father's job required that we move occasionally. And we were never sure if it was going to happen. But if it was going to happen, it would happen in June or August.

When you are young, a move can be quite challenging. You have to start over. And while there are adults who want to start over. As a child it means that you get to go to a new school, and you have to make new friends. And because you are a child none of this is your choice.

My brothers and sister actually moved more often than I did while they were growing up. My brother actually went to 11 different schools. But I've always felt that I had the most difficulty with the moves. That may or may not be true. But I've always felt that way.

So while I've always enjoyed summer, there has always been a part of me that has felt a little anxious during the summer. It's weird isn't it?

The adjustment time for me when we moved was always a little painful. There were times in my life when I always said to myself my life would have been better if we would have stayed in our past town. But then one day I woke up and realized. I wouldn't be the person I am today without those experiences. And that's not so bad is it?


1 comment:

  1. I was surprised to learn the same about your blog--- I loved it. I am a big fan of your blog’s I am so excited by read of your blog's content. Really great post. Thanks for sharing.
    Sports Talent And Skills

    ReplyDelete