Thursday, August 4, 2016

Coming Through

It seems like life presents us with times that are peaceful, and then it presents us with times that challenge us in every manner we can dream of. This past month has been a bit of a test. And working on goals was something that I had to remind myself to do. And I'm glad I did. It really helped me focus on something other than the problem I was having. So this month was a month of coming through.

Last month I set some pretty simple goals for myself. I wanted things I thought that I could achieve. My first goals was to do something for others. I wanted to send off a postcard to at least one child on the SendKidstheWorld website. I did it. It was a simple goal, but it reminded me that I needed to think more about others than I have been. And it worked better than I thought it would. I actually got motivated to pick up the phone and call a couple of friends I haven't talked to for a while. Some of them had been sick and I knew it. I just put off contacting them because I was to involved in my own problems to contact them. So that goal was way more successful than I imagined.

My second goal was to eat more healthy. My real goal was to only go through a drive-thru once a week. I did this so the goal was met. And by decreasing that I did eat a lot more healthy. So that was a great thing.

The third goal was to find recipes for the chia seeds I have at home. I did this. I made Almond Bark Butter, which is a really tasty sweet and healthy treat. And I made Super Easy Granola Bark which is also a great sweet treat, but not quite as healthy. So this goal was accomplished.

The last goal was finding balance. I hit a wall with this one. It seems like my work life was requiring so much energy for the past couple of months that I did not really find balance in July. It is a constant struggle for me.

In August, I want to accomplish these goals.

A New Art Journal

I need to put together a new art journal. I have some sketches that I want to put in one. And I just really want to put together one place to work out of instead of just pulling out papers and they end up lying around. I guess I want them to be more organized.

Business Cards

I have been blogging for a few years now, but I have never had business cards. I think it is high time that I got some. So I'll be looking through designs, and ordering some of them. Let me know if you have any suggestions on places I can get a good deal.

Get Outside

Yes, I do spend time working in my yard. Well not as regularly as I should, but I do it. But I've always enjoyed seeing nature and hiking. This month I plan to go on at least one hike. It doesn't have to be the longest hike in the world, but I need to do it. I always feel better after I have hiked.

Clean the Garage

Back in the spring Mr. Picky Pants Throws a Party was a post I wrote about how Mr. Picky Pants and a couple of friends got inside the garage and tore it up. It never got cleaned up well. It's going to happen this month.

So these are a few of the things I want to accomplish this month. What do you think the month of August will bring you?








No comments:

Post a Comment