Monday, August 22, 2016

The Cadence of Gypsies

Ever wonder what it was the world of gypsies is like? Then The Cadence of Gypsies by Barbara Casey may be a book that you want to read.

The Story

When Carolina turns 18 she receives a surprise, she finds out that she was adopted. At that time she receives a letter from her mother in a language she cannot understand. After a few years she finally has the chance to visit Italy and search for her mother. She brings along three students from the academy where she teaches. The students help her unravel some of the mysteries surrounding the Voynich Manuscript.

What I Liked

I liked that this story is based around the gypsy culture, which I didn't really know much about. The story revolves around The Voynich Manuscript. And it really does exist. So the girls in the story are trying to solve a real life mystery. The language it is written in is unknown. I love that the girls are intelligent and the want to learn more about the world around them. They aren't afraid to explore. It's always great to see strong female lead characters.

Who Should Read This Book

Girls who like books with a mystery that revolves around magic and a different culture will really enjoy this book. But anyone who likes a mystery will also enjoy this book.

The Author


Barbara Casey is the author of several books including The House of Kane. She also runs her own publishing agency. You can learn more about her by visiting her website.

Giveaway


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review, but the opinions are all mine.

Other Books by Barbara


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me and for letting me talk a little bit about THE CADENCE OF GYPSIES - Book 1 of the F.I.G. Mysteries. I wish you and your bloggers all the best.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to win because it looks and sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to win this so I can read this. It looks like a great story.

    ReplyDelete