Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The House Of Kane

Ever wonder what it's like to work in the publishing industry? It sounds like it might be a glamourous job doesn't it? Barbara Casey's new book The House of Kane shows readers what it might be like to work in that industry.

The Story

Aislinn receives a phone call that will change her life. She is hired by the publisher House of Kane to find out why the submissions to their agency are being published by another publisher. Aislinn works through the mystery of the publishing house. Along the way there is romance and you see how the publishing world works.

What I Think Of The Book

I enjoyed reading this book. I think the thing I liked about it most was that it introduced me to the world of publishing. It was kind of a mystery to me before. But the author painted a picture of how it works. It accomplished one of the great things about reading. It introduced me to a new world. The love story in the book was also a nice addition to the story.

Who Should Read This Book

If you are a writer who has submitted books to an agency you will probably enjoy this book. I like how the author took a subject she is very familiar with and created a story around it. If you enjoy love stories and mysteries you will probably enjoy this book too. And after reading this book  I want to check out some of her other books.

The Author


Barbara Casey has written several books. She runs her own publishing agency, and has been successful at placing independent authors. And you can learn more about her by visiting her site.

Giveaway



a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, but the opinions are all mine.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words of praise. I wish you and your bloggers my best.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to read it. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for hosting me and for your kind comments. I wish you and your bloggers all the best.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete