Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Super Simple Harry Potter Wand

Earlier this week I created a post called This Monday's Motivators. I showed a picture of a couple of items that I found while I was out walking. I wondered what should I do with them. And I came up with a Harry Potter wand. I was a little inspired by a wand my friend made for me last January for Harry Potter Day at Sweets So Geek. You can see a picture of it if you visit my post Staring At A Blank Page.

The first of the items I used was a stick that I found while I was out walking. I peeled off the bark. So it would be a nice looking wand. The second item I used was a piece of glass that I found last week. It looked a little bit like a crystal to me. So I picked it up.

So I had the two key elements to making a wand. I wanted to do something quick and easy. So I pulled out the glue gun. And I glued the piece of glass to the end of the stick. Then I looked around the house. I had some old hemp cord around and I used it to wrap around where the glue was to give it a more natural feel. It was that simple to make.
And while it's not as fancy as my friends wand, I did find a use for some of the items that I have found. And as time goes by I can look for ways to embellish it a little if I want. Or I can just leave it.

So what have you been creating recently?




.

1 comment:

  1. This made me thing of Leo who turns sticks into wands, swords and guns

    ReplyDelete