Monday, September 5, 2016

The Wish Rider

I recently reviewed the book The Cadence of Gypsies by Barbara Casey. And there is a follow up book called The Wish Rider.

The Story

The girls from Wood Rose Orphanage and Academy for Young Women have returned from Italy with their teacher Carolina Lovel. The three girls have graduated, but their friend, Dara, still now wants to find her mother. Their next adventure leads them to New York City where Carolina's mother may be living.

What I Think

I really like that this book is about smart and resourceful young women. I love that the girls have a search of adventure. And that they don't give up on helping their teacher when they are faced with obstacles. I like that they have a strong friendship, and they are supportive of each other. I like that these girls are resourceful. If you are going to read this book you should read the first book in the series first. But you don't have to. It can stand by itself.

Who Should Read This Book

If you are fans of book with strong female lead characters, you will enjoy this book. If you read this book in the series you will really enjoy this book. It is a good second book in a series. And if you are a fan of Barbara Casey's books you will enjoy this book. This book is directed toward a young adult audience, but readers of all ages will find it enjoyable.

About The Author

Barbara is the author of several other books. And she is the president of her own agency that represents authors.

Giveaway


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. I appreciate your time and your interest in The F.I.G. Mysteries. My best to you and your bloggers.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to win because it sounds good from the review.

    ReplyDelete