Wednesday, October 26, 2016

How To Raise A Smart Ass

Childrearing needs to be taken seriously, but not too seriously. Author Lucia Walinchus definitely looks at parenting with a healthy sense of humor in her book How To Raise A Smart Ass.

The Book

This book tells Lucia story from her first pregnancy. She tells about giving birth and nursing. She tells about her journey of having a second child. Then there are the stories of potty training and remodeling. You know all the things that parents go through. But she does it with a great sense of humor. She doesn't whine about the challenges of parenthood. She sees the humor.

What I Think

There were stories in this book that made me laugh out loud. She has recorded the stories that we all hear at family gatherings. I like that she doesn't hold back when she tells the stories. So often we hear about how perfect everyone's family is. But she isn't afraid to say hey we're real. I enjoyed this because it just felt really honest. Is this a book I want with me if I'm stranded on a desert island? Probably not! But it is one that I'm glad that I read because life is just full of fun moments.

Who Will Enjoy This Book

Anyone with children who wants to know that there really is no such thing as the perfect family. Anyone who enjoys humorous stories. And anyone who is thinking of children should read this book. It might prepare you for some of the things that will take place in your life.

The Author

Lucia Walinchus is a freelance writer. And in case you haven't figured it out, she is also the mother of three children. You can learn more about her through the links below.

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, but the opinions expressed are all mine.

Giveaway



a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Some of us have no problem raising a smart ass child, I raised two of them daughters one and two, number three is ok though..........lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the kind of book I'd like to read. I like to hear about people who don't claim to be perfect parents. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete