Friday, October 7, 2016

Roma, Underground

Roma, Underground is the first book in the Roma Series by Gabriel Valjan. It's a mystery. It's a thriller. And here is what I think of this book.

The Story

The best way to hide from others is to take a whole new identity. You do something that you wouldn't do. That's what Alabaster Black does when she is hiding from her employer that is part of a U.S covert organization called Rendition. She joins a group of amateur archeologists who are mapping out underground Rome. She meets an investigator and teams up to work with him. Their goal is to stop the thieves who are stealing the treasures of Rome.

What I Think

As I read this book I kind of felt like I was taking a trip to Rome. The author described the city as a place he is familiar with and one that he loves. I liked that it has thrilling moments. And that it is a solid mystery. I really like how the author combined archeology in the mystery. I thought of Indiana Jones as I read the story. Even though it really isn't like any of the Indiana Jones stories. I think it was just the archeology link.

Who Should Read This Book

If you are a fan of suspense and mystery novels, you will enjoy this book. It is a solid mystery that is well written. And it is clear from the get go that this book is the first in a series. So you will be able to see characters from this book again in other settings. But I also think that individuals who have wanted to visit Rome may enjoy this story. The author shows you the city and he seems to know it well. So you armchair travelers might want to check out this book.

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, but the opinions are all mine.

The Author

Gabriel Valjan is the author of the popular Roma series. You can learn more about him through by visiting the sites listed below.

Giveaway



a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I had never thought of Indiana Jones, but the archaeology beneath Rome is quite real. There is extensive work being done under Naples, too. Thank you, Heidi.

    ReplyDelete