Friday, October 14, 2016

There's Nothing New Under The Sun

We have all heard the saying there's nothing new under the under. I've actually used that statement in conversations. But recently when I was out walking on some trails what it meant really hit me.

This is how that understanding came about. You see I was wandering on the trails. I was walking closer to the river and it took a little bit of work to get up the bank of the river. I wandered away from the river and I came across an incline. As I looked down I saw that there were roots from different trees that created steps as I went down the incline.

I thought about the difficulty I had getting back up the river bank. I thought how much easier it would have been if there had just been some of these natural steps. And then I wondered were roots like these the original inspirations for the person who began building steps in homes?

I thought about all of the different types of steps I have walked up. There are the steps at home. There are those steps in the stairwells that I have walked up and down for exercise. There are the huge concrete steps outside of the building that I used to work in.

And then I really understood that there truly is nothing new under the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment