Monday, November 14, 2016

It's Just So Senseless

There was recently a tragedy that happened to someone I know. Her son was murdered. When I first heard about it, I was only told that this woman's son had died. I knew her children when I was younger. So I wondered which of her children died. I found out it was her son. And I pictured him in my mind. I didn't know what he looked like before he died. I just remembered him as a child.

Then came the next question, how did it happen? I was told he was murdered. I was shocked. The first image that came to my mind was a random robbery with a gun. That seemed to be what people thought. But what we knew was it wasn't a random shooting. It was someone who knew him. Something about a stepson, but we weren't sure if it was his stepson or his step brother. But we still thought he had been shot.

While, I am still not sure of all of the details. I just couldn't ask the woman when I saw her. I didn't want to force her to relive what happened. But the one thing I learned from her it wasn't a gun that the weapon that killed her son. He was bludgeoned to death. At that time I thought about all of the people who have told me guns don't kill people, people kill people. And I had to agree with them. And when the young man's mother said it's just so senseless, I had to agree with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment