Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Breedling and The City in The Garden

Have you ever made a choice that really changed your life? That's what the book The Breedling and the City in the Garden is all about.

The Story

Bartholomew is a soul catcher. This means that he is obedient, and he must remain neutral. But one day he is faced with a choice that changes his life. He reveals an ancient secret. And there are consequences for revealing this secret. He is imprisoned. But Bartholomew is a clever guy, and after years he is able to escape to 1930's Chicago.

In Chicago he meets Charlie, an orphan who is surviving on the streets of a depressed city. He continues his mission that caused him so much trouble.

What I Think

I really liked the combination of history and magic in this book. I think that the book leans a little more toward the history part, but I believe this is the first book in a series. So I think things will develop further in the next book. I really like that the book is set in Chicago. It's probably my favorite city in the country so it appealed to me. I wouldn't classify the book as steampunk, but the combination of magic and history did remind me a little of this world.

Who Should Read This Book

If you are a fan of historical fiction, then you will probably like this book. The writer brings alive the city in the 1930's. But if you are looking for a book that is simply fantasy based you may be a little disappointed. It does have magic in the book, but I felt like it focused more on the historical aspect of the story. Maybe because it is the first in the story arc.

The Author

Kimberlee Ann Bastian lives in Minnesota. She is the author of The Element Odyssey series.

Disclaimer

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Giveaway





a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment