Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Running On Empty

Today I'm really fortunate to have a guest post by Rachel Tucker. Rachel is the author of The Woman At The Well.

Have you had a time when you have run on empty and how did you fill up again? by Rachel Tucker

This is interesting, as my husband and I were just talking about this, during our Bible study time together. When you do ministry, you can run on empty a lot!! This is why it's important to have your priorities straight and top on the list is taking care of YOU. Just yesterday, I was talking my husband off a ledge, so to speak. Him and I are polar opposites. I wake up and see the world abundant, have an unwavering faith and don't really worry about anything. My husband on the other hand.....he sees the world, "glass half empty" worries about things that will never happen, and constantly doubts himself. So I spent a good amount of time yesterday morning, trying to affirm him and our Father in heaven's plans for him. It drained me, completely. But, I'm all fueled back up today. I start my day with Jesus and he fills me and reminds me of His future for me daily. 

I am very particular about who I spend my time with, meaning I spend time with people who make me feel good, bring good energy, not the ones that you feel drained after you have left them. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT! 

Also, taking care of you means, doing your exercise of choice, getting 7-9 hours of sleep everyday, eating good Whole Foods, and lots and lots of water. Meditation is something that I do as a staple also! I love to do Yoga, and this is where I do my meditation also! 

Some women have this warped view that they must take care of everyone, but, not put their name top on the list. You are not doing anyone any favors by doing this. What happens when you break down and get sick....you have now become a burden. It is not selfish to take care of you first, it is actually saying, "I love you this much!"


Are you ready for a rigorous spiritual bootcamp? This 4-week intensive Bible Study is about a journey of self discovery. One that will incite and ignite something amazing and wonderful in you. This is the story of how one person's transformation can create a massive wave of change for Jesus Christ in the world.



Giveaway



a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment