Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay

I've read several other books by Michael Chabon, and I've enjoyed them all. So when I read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay at the library, I thought I need to read this. I can't believe that I haven't seen it before now.

The Story

Joe is a young artist, who must leave his homeland in 1939. He comes to America with a plan. His plan is to save his money, and get his brother out of Prague. In order to make money he teams up with his cousin Sammy to create the character The Escapist. Along the way he falls in love. And then he sees an opportunity to accomplish his goal of bringing his brother to America. And he must face the problem that so many individuals face in their life. How do you react when things go all wrong.

What I Think

I really enjoyed this book. I loved how the book focused in on creators of comic books. I love how it pointed out that these individuals created artwork. I liked that Joe has such a great goal in his life. And I really enjoyed how Chabon tells the story. I felt like I really knew these characters. And I like how the book has those twists and turns that make it interesting to read. It's not a mystery, but things don't go the way the reader wants. But it is part of what makes the story good. I liked that the book didn't just move to a happy ending.

So have you read any of Chabon's books? And what did you think of them?



No comments:

Post a Comment