Saturday, January 21, 2017

Playing On The Porch

I've always found it relaxing to sit outside and read a book. So I've been thinking about putting together an outdoor room this summer. I have a really cool enclosed front porch so it is totally possible. Here are a few of the tips that I've put together for putting together a plan for that outdoor area where you want to spend time relaxing.

Comfy

Take a look around your area. You are going to want something that is going to be comfortable and well lit. After all you will want to spend time there reading, painting or just drinking an iced tea. In order to make an area that you will enjoy start looking for great deals on items to make your relaxation retreat comfy.

All Purpose

Make sure that what you plan fits your needs. The furniture and fabrics that you choose needs to be able to withstand rain and sun. But there is no need to fear there are loads of materials around now that can withstand both. You also want to make sure that the furniture is lightweight. So that it can be rearranged for your needs.

Cool Summer Evenings

It does get cool on some summer evenings. And you certainly want a place where you can sit in the spring and fall. If you have an outdoor patio, you could consider a fire pit. You could build one, or you can purchase one. I had a friend who simple dug a hole, and surrounded the hole with rocks. The area looked fabulous. And it was an extremely cost effective way of creating an outdoor fire pit.

Privacy Please

I looked out my porch, and I thought to myself, I do want some privacy. Maybe it's not a bad thing to allow those bushes in front of the area to grow a little more. But you can also use large plants or a trellis to add some privacy to your backyard retreat.
Do you have an outdoor living space? And what are some of your tips for creating that comfy area?



No comments:

Post a Comment