Monday, January 9, 2017

Thrifty Finds Week 4

It's time to see what I picked up this week when I went out thrifting. This week I tried a new thrift store. I was not really sure before I entered, and it is not my favorite store in town. But I did find something a little weird at the store. So here are the items I've found this week.
Did I mention all of this for less than $4.

My first picture has loads of fabric. The left is all for some nice little fabric that I really liked. The middle is a shirt to wear to work. Believe it or not, I go through two or three shirts each month at my job. They either wind up with holes in them or so stained that I don't want to go into public with them on. And on the right I really loved the Strawberry Shortcake that was appliqued on the dressed.

Once again more clothes. The jeans at the bottom of the left pile are for work. The stack on left are for me. A girl always needs some new clothes doesn't she? Three dollars on new clothes is a pretty good deal though. I also got a blank and top made out of a fleece fabric that will show up again in the future.

This bunch contains some children's books. I just can't get enough of them. I got a Chinese lantern. Chinese New Year is coming up you know. I think that cookbook may be the most fun find of the day. It's a cook book with all of the recipes focused on a blender from the 70's? Can't wait to dig through that one. And the shoes are a score for a buck! I won't feel guilty about painting them. And if I screw up, I will have lost a buck big deal. And I have been looking for a bat. This one isn't a mini bat, but I still think it will be good for what I have planned.
Now the last picture has a bowl that I couldn't decide whether I loved or hated. Sometimes I look at it and think I love it. And then the next moment I turn around and think no it's just not right. Since there were moments I loved it I plunked down the five bucks for it. And the little goose cross stitch is actually the item that I have been searching for. Actually the two little hangers that came inside the cross stitch packet is what I have been looking for. I will not be making the kit. I need those mini hangers for something else. I also got more book and a cool pad of paper.

I guarantee a few of these items will make it back into future posts. And let me know if there are any special items that you have been looking for?



No comments:

Post a Comment