Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Igraine

Every once and awhile you want to read something a little different than your usual picks. So when the chance to review a historical romance with Merlin in it, I thought why not? The book is entitled Igraine. And it is the first in the Camelot Uncovered series by Jane Godman.

The Story

Igraine happens to be the most beautiful woman in the world. She is part fairy, so every man falls in love with her. Her husband is a domineering man, and she finds herself in love with another. But Merlin promises King Uther that he will marry the woman Igraine. But Uther finds that his desire to marry Igraine may divide his kingdom.

What I Liked

I like that the author used the King Arthur legend as the basis for this novel. Then she made some twists in the traditional story, and it became a new one. It was like spending time with familiar individuals, and then realizing they are a little different than you remember. It was entertaining. And it was a little different than what I usually read. It is a typical historical romance and heavy on the romance. There are some steamy scenes in the book. Will I read more books in the series? I'm not sure, I think that will probably depend on my mood. But if you enjoy historical romances with a taste of fantasy then you may enjoy this book.

Giveaway


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclosure

I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment