Saturday, February 11, 2017

It Would Have Tasted Better

I walk into her room. Her back is facing the door. She doesn't see me come in. I feel bad I am running later than I planned. She is sitting there eating. She seems so alone. I know she probably doesn't like the food. She is a picky eater after all.

I say hi. She turns around. I tell her I brought something for her, and I show her the Red Lobster bag. She immediately pushes aside the tray of food she has. She looks so excited. She asks what I got her. I tell her what you asked for the shrimp scampi.

I pull the food out of the bag. She tells me to set that tray over on the dresser.  She wants no part of that right now. I pull all of her food out. She asks if I got anything to eat. I told her I was going to eat her salad since she avoids lettuce products. I didn't think about how lonely eating must be. It must be difficult to eat food you don't like all by yourself.

She digs into the food. I have never seen her so interested in eating a meal. She tells me it tastes good, but it would have tasted better if I ate it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment