Saturday, February 18, 2017

So When Are You Going Home?

I arrive at the facility after the six hour drive. I am tired, but I feel like I need to go there first. That way, I can see mom right away. That is the reason for the trip after all isn't it? She is excited, my brother arrived the night before. He had pictures of the new baby, and that made her day. That is currently the most adorable baby in the world, if you ask anyone in my family.

She is excited because she is getting stronger. She walked around last night for several hours without the oxygen. She tells me that she doesn't have to have anyone walking with her when she is using her walker.

Then she tells me the best news of all. She is going home soon. But then I ask how soon is soon? She asks if I'll be able to come stay with her when she gets out. I tell her I think I'll be able to, but I need to know exactly when so I can get time off work. She says we're going to have a meeting today to find out when. I ask her what time the meeting is, and she says to ask my brother. I tell her that I really need to get cleaned up if I am going to meet with more of the staff at the facility. So, I tell her I will come back later with my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment