Tuesday, February 28, 2017

There's Still Gold Out There

I have a brother that is a little eccentric. He's done all sorts of things in his life. He's worked all kinds of jobs that most of us wouldn't think of doing. So when I saw that today is the day of the beginning of the San Francisco Gold Rush, I thought of him. Now I know there are those of you who are saying, why would you think of your brother when you read about the Gold Rush?

My brother likes the outdoors. In fact, I have often thought he was born in the wrong time. He has dreamt of striking it rich. He has come up with all sorts of methods. And one of them is panning for gold. He told me one time, there's still gold out there. They couldn't have got it all. He's probably right, but to me it isn't worth the effort. I hope he finds that pot of gold he is looking for.


And it's true there is still gold out there. But it is a hobby for most people. And if you live in the right places it is an inexpensive hobby. All you really need is a shovel and a pan. That's probably why there were so many prospectors during the gold rush.

You also have to be in the right location. Most of the streams where you can pan for gold are located in state parks. They have entrance fees around $5. So if you live in California, and you are looking for an inexpensive way to spend the day, you might want to go try digging for gold because there's still gold out there according to my brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment