Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March 2017 Goals

February was a hectic month for me. I made three trips to Illinois. And that wound up being at least two to many. It takes six hours to drive to visit my mother so it did eat up a lot of my free time. But I did manage to accomplish a couple of things this month. So let's review the goals from last month to see if they were a score or if they need to be repeated.

The first goal I set was to complete my taxes very early this year. I started my taxes in the month of February, but I didn't get them all completed. Something ground to a halt when I thought I might owe the state of Indiana money. So this is kind of half complete.

Then I wanted to get some things organized on a bookcase that I am not using. I got rid of an old couch to make a spot for the book case. And then that project came to an end. The bookcase is still sitting there. And there is stuff sitting where I want to put it. I got the goal started by moving the couch out of the way. Do I get credit for that?

I wanted to do something for Mardi Gras this year. Total miss! I was at my mother's house, and I forgot that I could bake King Cake. That would have been fun for Mardi Gras. Oh, well next year I will do better.

But guess what I did cancel my Netflix membership which accomplished my goal of downsizing videos. And it will save me a few bucks a month.

What should I accomplish in the month of March?

Day Trip

Yes, over the past few months I have used the fact that I work nights as an excuse to not go out and seek adventure in my section of the world. I can go on trips. I just have to plan ahead a little. And those trips always give me a little extra oomph in my creativity.

Cemeteries

When I first started blogging a few years ago, I went to some cemeteries to take pictures. I enjoyed the visits. And I loved photo shopping the pictures. I need to do it again. It was fun. And I can get some exercise doing it too!

Cement

This is a two fold project. I have some work that I need to do in the basement. I need to work on fixing some minor cracks. And cement is all the rage for planters this year. So I plan to do both of these this month. Two projects for the price of one.

Sidebar

I really need to update the sidebar on my blog. There are a couple of things that just don't belong there anymore. So this month it will be taken care of.

Let me know what you want to accomplish this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment