Friday, April 21, 2017

To Pinterest Or Not To Pinterest

I have to admit that I currently don't check pinterest very often. There was a time when I went to the site on a daily basis. I looked at all of the wonderful pictures. I looked at the items I wanted to make.

And then one day, I noticed something. My feed had several of the same pictures. I would go to look up something. And it would have at least three of the same pictures. Where was the creativity I loved? I decreased the time I was on the site.

Low and behold, I found that instead of looking at all of these things I wanted to make. I had actually started making my own items more often.

I found that I didn't feel as though my pictures were inferior to everyone else's. I found that I was actually taking more photos. I was looking at them more critically. I was improving some of the shots I was taking. I wasn't just thinking about what other people were doing. I was doing it myself.

This doesn't mean that I never go to pinterest any longer. It just means that when I go, I do it just for a short burst. There is something I'm looking for. It's not eating all of my time. And you know what, I really enjoy what I see a lot more. Even though I do seem to get many of the same photos in my feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment