Sunday, May 7, 2017

I Think I Love You

Remember that song by David Cassidy? The catchy tune and words I Think I Love You? Allison Pearson has published a book by that title.

The Story

Petra is a girl living in a small community in Wales. She faces the many challenges that teenage girls face. How will she fit in with the popular girls? How can she ever get along with my mother? And how can she meet her idol, David Cassidy? She manages to come up with a plan, and puts it in action. Years later she finds that she has the opportunity to meet Cassidy, and decides its the things she needs right at that moment.

What I Think

I really enjoyed reading this book. I especially enjoyed the first half of the book. I really related to Petra's crush, and her struggle to make it through adolescence. I related to how easy it was to loose contact with friends as we grow older. I could really understand how you think that you have nothing in common with these individuals anymore, but just one event reminds you that you really do. The friendship is still there it just needs to be resumed. And I liked how this story has a happy ending.

If you ever had an obsession with a pop star, you may enjoy this book. I enjoyed the style of story telling the author had, and it reminded me a little of Maeve Binchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment