Friday, June 23, 2017

The Bone Tree

A couple of weeks ago, I reviewed the book Natchez Burning by Greg Iles. I liked the book, so I picked up the next book in the series. The book is The Bone Tree, and here is what I think of the book.

The Story

Penn Cage is caught in the deviousness of The Double Eagles. He finds that his father is still in danger from the group, that he realizes he cannot make deals with. The Bone Tree is the big mystery of the present. Where is it? And how many crimes can its contents solve. Penn's fiancé is able to locate the tree, but it costs her dearly. And while a mystery is solved in this book, one that goes to the heart of the conspiracy about JFK's murder, other questions are asked. And are the losses worth the answers?

What I Think

I liked the book. Did I like it as much as Natchez Burning? Yes, I did. While you are pretty sure you know what direction the book will go, there are plenty of twists and turns. I basically like the character of Penn. He is looking for the truth, but he finds that it is so confusing getting to it. And I like how the book shows just how human he really is at the end of the book. He is an understandable hero. 

And I found that I really want to know where the story is going to go next. So I plan on reading the next book in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment